Mark Podolsky, The Land Geek, is widely considered the country’s most trusted and foremost authority on buying and selling raw, undeveloped land within the United States. He has been actively investing in real estate and raw land since 2001 and has completed over 5,200 unique transactions. Mark is the host of one of the top rated podcasts in the Investing Category on iTunes, aptly titled The Art of Passive Income Podcast. Mark is also the author of Dirt Rich: How One Ambitiously Lazy Geek Created Passive Income in Real Estate Without Renters, Renovations, and Rehabs and The Land Geek Passive Income System: No More R’s- How to Create a Passive Income in Real Estate Without Renters, Renovations or Rodents.
What You Will Learn:
- Mark shares how his very first job out of college was at AFTCO, a dental brokerage, and consultant where he helped dentists buy, sell and transition their dental practices.
- Mark discusses getting a job with a company specializing in mergers and acquisitions, and he explains why he hated it and jumped into tax deed auction investments by buying a few $300 empty parcels and selling them for $1200 each.
- Mark shares details about his three active businesses: Frontier Properties, Land Geek Enterprises, and GeekPay.io. He shares how the three businesses all specialize in different areas and aspects of investing.
- Mark talks about why he started his podcast, The Art of Passive Income Podcast, and what sort of topics he discusses and what kind of guests he invites to join him on the show.
- Mark discusses the important skill of time management, and he shares why he is always looking for tasks that he can eliminate, automate or delegate to free up time in his day. He shares valuable time-saving tips other entrepreneurs can use.
- Mark discusses the importance of self-care, exercise, stress reduction, meditation and other strategies to maximize his energy and get himself into the right headspace for success.