Bryan L. Elwood focuses his practice in the corporate, transactional, and finance sectors, advising clients in negotiating and implementing asset and equity acquisitions and dispositions, corporate restructurings, and financial transactions. He has extensive experience advising dental support organizations, large dental practice groups, individual dentists, and other health care providers in a variety of corporate and regulatory matters, including buying and selling dental practices, forming dental support organizations, and preparing and implementing business support and other related agreements between dental support organizations and dental practices. In addition to his dental and other health care legal work, Bryan also provides general corporate governance and business transaction services to clients across all industries and has significant experience representing creditors, debtors, and other parties-in-interest in the areas of creditors’ and debtors’ rights and complex bankruptcy cases.
Prior to joining Parsons Behle & Latimer, Bryan was Senior Counsel at Dykema Gossett in Dallas after spending over 11 years at Greenberg Traurig in its Dallas office. Following law school, he served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert C. McGuire, Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas (Dallas Division).
What You Will Learn:
- How the practice acquisition timeline typically works, and why Bryan compares the process to a courting relationship
- Why the seller will want to share their financials early in the process, right after the non-disclosure agreement has been signed
- What particular metrics within the financial information the buyer should be looking for to ensure that the practice is a match for their needs
- Why a letter of intent is an important layer of protection, and what key steps need to be taken before closing a deal
- Why the existing office lease is an important consideration to keep in mind, and why lenders will typically expect a renegotiated agreement
- What other work Bryan does for dentists and dental practices alongside his work in practice acquisition
- How Bryan works with clients in multiple states, helping them with contractual and non-litigation matters
- Why Bryan sees a lot of new opportunities for people working in today’s dental environment, and what advice he would offer about doing things right the first time
How to contact Bryan Elwood
- Telephone: (801) 536-6781
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bryan-l-elwood-2034a48/