Dr. Grace Yum is the founder of Yummy Dental and Orthodontics for Kids in Chicago, and the owner of Mommy Dentists in Business Facebook community. She has worked in the dental field for more than 20 years, and has been consulted by media outlets such as Chicago NBC and The Today Show for her expertise in pediatric dentistry. She is also the host of the Mommy Dentists in Business Podcast.
What You Will Learn:
- Grace shares how she got started in the dental field as a dental assistant at the age of 18 and found her love of pediatric dentistry and orthodontics. She shares why she pursued a degree in communications studies alongside her dental studies.
- Grace discusses the importance of finding good mentors to help guide your decisions, and she talks about why it is important to learn the business side of owning a dental practice.
- Grace shares details about the Mommy Dentists in Business private Facebook group and companion podcast she runs, as a space where moms who own dental practices can share tips, strategies, and support through the unique challenges they face.
- Grace explains why internal referrals from patients are the best way to market your business, and she shares her thoughts on building strong patient relationships and building trust in your practice.
- Grace talks about the importance of saving time through delegating work, both as a dental practice owner and as a mother. She explains why it is important to focus on doing the work that only you can do and getting help for the rest.
- Grace explains why she decided to expand to a second practice location in the suburbs, and she shares how she tested the waters before committing to building new construction for the new office.
How to contact Dr. Grace Yum:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/yummydentalforkids/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/yummydental
- Twitter: //twitter.com/drgraceyum
- Website: //mommydibs.com