Dr. Benjamin Kacos is a Shreveport, Louisiana-based dentist who has owned his own practice for six years. During that six-year period, he purchased two existing practices and merged them into a single location. Ben is a loving husband and father to two young children with a third on the way, and he is passionate about community organizations like Holy Angels and Ducks Unlimited. He is an avid runner, which has lead to his passion for educating patients on the connection between oral and heart health. Ben is a member of the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and The President of the Northwest Louisiana Dental Association. He trains other dentists as a consultant for the Dental Success Institute and is the creator of Explore Education which provides extended training for dentists across the country.
What You Will Learn:
- Ben discusses his unique Explore Education continuing education program, which combines ongoing educational opportunities for dentists by integrating them into unique hunting and fishing trips.
- Ben shares how he originally intended to become an orthodontist, before a valuable piece of advice from a practicing orthodontist he was working for steered him towards general dentistry instead.
- Ben talks about why he finds leadership and personal development to be greater challenges than learning the business side of owning a practice, and he talks about how dental school taught him little to nothing about leadership and finances.
- Ben talks about why mindset is the key to overcoming many challenges, and he shares some specific motivational examples. He offers key strategies that he used to find the success he has attained and discusses the importance of watching your numbers.
- Ben discusses mindfulness and the importance of starting the day right, and he shares his morning routine and the deliberate steps he takes each day to have the right mindset for success.
- Ben shares why podcasts are a great free resource for information, and he shares some of the other dental podcasts he enjoys and finds informative in addition to the Progressive Dentist Podcast.
How to contact Dr. Benjamin Kacos: