Dr. Stephanie Mapp is a 1994 graduate of the University of Florida College of Dentistry. She started her college career following the footsteps of her father who was a psychologist. She chose dentistry after becoming a patient at the dental college and realizing at that time dentistry was lacking female dentists. She obtained early admission to the dental college after only three years of undergraduate work.
With over 25 years of dental experience, Dr. Mapp has worked in multiple types of dental settings including corporate group practices in North Florida as well as public health. She started her first practice in 2002 and purchased a second location in 2011. After discovering that most dentists struggle to navigate the difficult landscape of PPO dental insurance pitfalls, she founded her consulting company, Mapp Your Practice, which gives one on one consulting and training to dentists and offices who want to increase their profits by working smarter instead of harder.
Dr. Mapp has also contributed to many online dental forums, podcasts, articles, CE courses and two books. She is a member of the American Dental Association, Florida Dental Association, Northeast District Dental Society, Mommy Dentists in Business and was a founding member of Clay Women in Business. In her free time she loves to travel and spend time with her son, three dogs, And ER doctor partner in her home outside Jacksonville, Florida. She can be contacted at DrMapp@mappyourpractice.com.
What You Will Learn:
- How Dr. Mapp prepared herself to start a new practice from scratch
- Information Dr. Mapp wishes she had when she was planning her first practice
- How to start learning the business side of dentistry early in your career
- The importance of continuing education in dentistry
- Common financial mistakes Dr. Mapp has seen dentists make as they try to grow their practices
- What dentists should do to best position their practices for sale
How to contact Dr. Stephanie Mapp:
- LinkedIn: //www.linkedin.com/in/stephanie-mapp-b32b4422/
- Facebook: //www.facebook.com/DrStephanieMapp