Employee recruitment strategies that can help you overcome staffing challenges during the pandemic is the key topic. Hear insights about:
- How Drew and his Agency Management Institute recognized a need for a conference specifically designed for small agencies
- How the Build A Better Agency Summit, being held in Chicago on August 10th and 11th, is being tailored to teach small agency owners how to run their businesses better
- What exciting and informative topics will be covered at the Build A Better Agency Summit, and what health and safety precautions have been put in place
- Drew offers employee recruitment strategies for agencies that are struggling to retain and hire new team members
- Why it is important to make sure that you are investing in your staff and constantly recruiting, and why you should be flexible and understanding
- What strategies Drew recommends, including augmenting your team with freelancers and streamlining and speeding up your hiring process
- How more than 50% of employees in the US are presently considering leaving their current jobs, and what factors are contributing to that statistic
- Why taking care of your team members is crucial, especially given the challenges they may be facing in their personal lives due to the pandemic
Employee Recruitment Strategies for Agency Owners
Due to the unprecedented challenges of the global pandemic, many agencies are experiencing challenges recruiting and retaining talented employees. My encore guest for this week’s episode of the Progressive Agency podcast is Drew McLellan from the Agency Management Institute. Drew is an expert at helping agencies tackle the tough challenges they face, and in this episode, he shares employee recruitment strategies and tips to help agencies deal with their staffing challenges in these difficult times.
Employee Recruitment Strategies
As Drew explained during our conversation, employees are facing major life challenges and it is inevitable that some employees will make the decision to leave. That’s why it’s crucial that you are flexible and accommodating with your existing employees. Show them that you want to help them address these challenges. Employees who recognize that their employers are looking for solutions are more likely to stay.
Additionally, Drew says it’s important to find ways to speed up your hiring process. Sky-high levels of job openings mean your prospective employees have multiple options. The quicker you can speed them through the interview and hiring process, the better your chances of being the first to offer them a position. You might also consider adding freelancers to your team to help cover any gaps as we slowly begin to emerge from the pandemic.
Most importantly, understand that employees may be leaving not because they choose to but because they have to due to circumstances outside of their control. Some of those employees may return at a later time once things settle down again; some may not. Showing empathy and understanding will go a long way toward encouraging these employees to return once their circumstances improve.
The “Build A Better Agency” Summit
On August 10-11, 2021, Drew and the Agency Management Institute are offering a one-of-a-kind conference specifically designed for small agencies with fewer than 100 employees. There will be numerous guest speakers and experts who can offer you valuable insights into how to grow your agency, overcome the challenges you’re facing, and best practices for maximizing your productivity and improving your profitability. You can learn more about the upcoming event at https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/babasummit/.
To learn more about Drew McLellan and the Agency Management Institute, please visit their website at https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/. And of course, please visit https://craigcodyandcompany.com/agency-podcast/ for more informative, money-saving podcast episodes like this one.
- FREE COVID Loan Grant Calculator Download
- Website: www.craigcodyandcompany.com
- Twitter: @CraigC2742
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigcodycpa
How to Connect with Drew McLellan:
- Learn More About the Build A Better Agency Summit August 10-11 in Chicago: https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/babasummit/
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/drewmclellan
- Website: https://agencymanagementinstitute.com/
About Drew McLellan:
For 30+ years, Drew McLellan has been in the advertising industry. He started his career at Y&R, worked in boutique-sized agencies and then started his own (which he still owns and runs) agency in 1995. Additionally, Drew owns and leads the Agency Management Institute, which advises hundreds of small to mid-sized agencies on how to grow their agency and its profitability through agency owner peer groups, consulting, coaching, workshops and more.