This week on the Progressive Agency podcast, I welcome Cris Rodriguez to the show. After building a successful martial arts business, she accidentally fell into digital marketing. Now Cris shares her tips and strategies for running multiple growing businesses. Hear insights about:
- What caused Cris to look to paid digital ads as a brick and mortar business
- Why Cris chooses to have her entire team in person rather than remote
- What is the biggest financial lesson that Cris learned building a digital marketing agency
- Why martial arts champions often struggle to keep their business running
- What is the #1 strategy that Cris would recommend to new agency owners
- What three things can you implement to make the most of your time
- Why the #1 productivity hack is delegation
- How being mindful of your habits can help you manage cash flow
Accidental Agency Owner
Running multiple businesses presents unique challenges. Accidentally running multiple businesses takes skill. My guest this week on the Progressive Agency Podcast is Cris Rodriguez. After building a successful martial arts business, she accidentally fell into digital marketing and started an agency. Cris shares her greatest time-saving and productivity hacks for entrepreneurs running multiple businesses.
Speed of Implementation
In the past year, Cris has grown all of her businesses exponentially. She credits part of her success to taking advantage of her resources and finding knowledgeable mentors. She also acknowledges her rapid consumption of courses and lack of fear when it comes to simply Googling things to help hone her skills. Cris advises that the difference between a good entrepreneur and a great entrepreneur is their speed of implementation. Once you learn new skills and strategies, it’s crucial that you take action and begin implementing them.
Prioritizing Cash Flow
Successfully running an agency is tough, but running multiple businesses successfully cannot be done without the ability to manage time. Cris makes every productive minute count so that she can still spend time with her family and enjoy her life. During our conversation, Cris shares how she is able to work regular 9 to 5 hours after implementing three steps to make the most of her time. She also shares her best productivity hacks for entrepreneurs. Listen to the episode to learn more:
How to Connect with Cris Rodriguez:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CristinaLeeRodriguez/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cris-rodriguez-803bb13b/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/midgettwister
About Cris Rodriguez:
Professor Cris Rodriguez has 27 years of Martial Arts experience and 20 years of teaching experience. She is a 1st Degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, 3rd Degree TKD Black Belt, and Co-Owns Gracie PAC MMA, a BJJ & MMA School in Tampa, Florida, with her wife Stephanie.
She has been obsessed with Internet Marketing for the past 10 years and is the Founder of Grow Pro Agency, a Digital Marketing Agency for Martial Arts Academies with over 240 clients. As a Partner in Marketing with Schools, their core focus is to help school owners gain the freedom they want in their business.
She is also the Digital Marketing Consultant for the Martial Arts Industry Association and runs her own Mastermind Program called The A-Team and Business Event called 7 Figure CEO.
She earned her Elementary Education Degree from the University of South Florida which has helped her to become an expert in Children’s Jiu-Jitsu Training & Development.
Cris lives in Tampa, Florida with Stephanie and their three sons Darion, Nate, & Cruz.